......................................................... (Associate Member of National Federation of Postal Employees) .......................................................... ..
.............. An organisation born with the ideals of Trade Union democracy and Unity & United struggle for the emancipation of GDS...............
HOLD PROTEST DEMONSTRATIONS AT ALL CENTRES AND IN FRONT OF ALL OFFICES ON 23.10.2017 *****
POST OFFICE SMALL SAVINGS SCHEMES
UNDER HEAVY ATTACK ****
GDS MEMBERSHIP VERIFICATION PROCESS STOPPED. ******
IMPLEMENTATION OF GDS COMMITTEE REPORT DELAYED FOR ONE YEAR, STILL PENDING WITH FINANCE MINISTRY.
FEDERAL SECRETARIAT WILL MEET AND DECLARE FURTHER COURSE OF ACTION.
Government has unleashed a sudden and most damaging attack on Post office Small Savings Schemes. Notifications are already issued permitting all Nationalised Banks and three Private Banks ( ICICI Bank , AXIS Bank and HDFC Bank) to accept deposits for all Small Savings Schemes viz ; Recurring Deposit (RD) , Time Deposits (TD) , Monthly Income Scheme (MIS) Senior Citizen Savings Scheme (SCSS) , Sukanya Samridhi Account (SSA) , Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) and National Savings Certificate (NSC VIII issue) with effect from 10th October 2017.
This is a great blow to the Post office Small Savings Schemes and will be a threat to the job security of Postal Employees and also MPKBY /SAS Agents. About 40% of the Revenue and about 50% of the workload of Post office depends on the Post office Small Savings Schemes. Outsourcing of POSSS work to Banks will result in steady fall in Revenue and Workload of Postal Department.
GDS Committee Report , though submitted to Govt on 24th November 2017 , is still pending with Finance Ministry for approval. GDS Membership verification process has been suddenly stopped by the Government.
Overall situation in Postal Department is worsening day by day and resentment of the Employees is mounting.
NFPE CHQ views the above situation with grave concern and calls upon the entirety of Postal and RMS employees including GDS and Casual labourers to conduct mass protest demonstrations at all Centres and in front of all offices on 23rd OCTOBER 2017.
Urgent meeting of NFPE Federal Secretariat to be held shortly will announce further course of action.
As already communicated in Confederation CHQ circular dated 07.09.2017, all C-O-Cs and Affiliated organisation are requested to organize Mass Dharna at all State Capitals on 17th October 2017 demanding immediate settlement of 21 points Charter of Demands of Confederation of Central Govt. Employees & Workers.
1. Honour the assurance given by the Group of Ministers to NJCA on 30th June 2016 and 6th July 2016, especially increase in minimum wage and fitment factor. Grant revised HRA at the rate of 30%, 20% and 10% with effect from 01-01-2016. Settle all anomalies arising out of implementation of 7th CPC recommendations, in a time bound manner.
2. Implement option-I recommended by 7th CPC regarding parity in pension of pre-2016 pensioners.
3. Scrap PFRDA Act and Contributory Pension Scheme and grant pension and Family Pension to all Central Government employees recruited after 01.01.2004, under CCS (Pension) Rules 1972.
4. Treat Gramin Dak Sewaks of Postal department as Civil Servants and extend all benefits like pay, pension, allowances etc. of departmental employees to GDS.
5. Regularise all casual, contract, part-time, contingent and Daily rated mazdoors and grant equal pay and other benefits.
6. (a) No Downsizing, Privatisation, outsourcing and contractorisation of Government functions.
(b) Stop proposed move to close down Government of India Presses
7. Withdraw the arbitrary decision of the Government to enhance the bench mark for performance appraisal for promotion and financial upgradations under MACP from “GOOD” to VERY GOOD” and also decision to withhold annual increments in the case of those employees who are not able to meet the bench march either for MACP or for regular promotion within the first 20 years of service. Grant MACP pay fixation benefits on promotional hierarchy and not on pay-level hierarchy. Personnel promoted on the basis of examination should be treated as fresh entrants to the cadre for grant of MACP.
8. (a) Withdraw the draconian FR 56 (J) and Rule 48 of CCs (Pension) Rules 1972 which is being misused as a short cut as purity measure to punish and victimize the employees.
(b) Withdraw all trade union victimisations and attack on trade union facilities.
9. Fill up all vacant posts including promotional posts in a time bound manner. Lift ban on creation of posts. Undertake cadre Review to assess the requirement of employees and their cadre prospects. Modify recruitment rules of Group-‘C’ cadre and make recruitment on Reginal basis.
10. Remove 5% ceiling on compassionate appointments and grant appointment in all deserving cases.
11. Grant five promotions in the service carreer to all Central Govt. employees.
12. Abolish and upgrade all Lower Division Clerks to Upper Division Clerks.
13. Ensure parity in pay for all stenographers, Assistants, Ministerial Staff in subordinate offices and in all organized Accounts cadres with Central Secretariat staff by upgrading their pay scales. Grant pay scale of Drivers in LokSabha Secretariat to Drivers working in all other Central Government Departments.
14. Reject the stipulation of 7th CPC to reduce the salary to 80% for the second year of Child Care leave and retain the existing provision.
15. Introduce Productivity Linked bonus in all department and continue the existing bi-lateral agreement on PLB wherever it exists.
16. Ensure cashless, hassle free medical treatment to all Central Government employees & Pensioners in all recognized Government and Private hospitals.
17. Revision of Overtime Allowance (OTA) and Night Duty Allowance (NDA) w.e.f 01.01.2016 based on 7thCPC pay scale.
18. Revision of wages of Central Government employees in every five years.
19. Revive JCM functioning at all levels. Grant recognition to the unions/Associations under CCS (RSA) Rules 1993 within a time frame to facilitate effective JCM functioning.
20. Implementation of the Revised Pay structure in respect of employees and pensioners of autonomous bodies consequent on implementation of CCS (Revised Pay) Rules 2016 and Revised Pension Rules in respect of Central Government employees and pensioners.
21. Implementation of the “equal pay for equal work” judgment of the Supreme Court in all departments of the Central Government.
The so called Recognized GDS union General Secretary has no other words on the status of the GDS committee report except to republish the statement of Secretary General, NFPE (published in NFPE website on 11-09-2017) even after one month .
What caused him, not to reveal the name/s of the Officers where he met to get such information on GDS Committee report? Or his source of information is a secret one?
This shows the shameful part of the G/S, again tried to put the innocent GDS in dark for some more time.
This is the attitude of that G/S always pointing out others to cover his unresolved lapses.
The Minister for Communications Shri Manoj Sinha today launched the Sampoorna Bima Gram (SBG) Yojana and an initiative for expansion of clientele base of Postal Life Insurance. Talking to media after launching the schemes here, the Minister said that the vision of the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to provide banking services through the postal network needs to be taken forward to provide affordable life insurance services to people living in rural areas of the country. He said that all villages under the Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana will be brought under its ambit.
The Minister said, under Sampoorna Bima Gram (SBG) Yojana, at least one village (having a minimum of 100 households) will be identified in each of the revenue districts of the country, wherein endeavour will be made to cover all households of that identified village with a minimum of one RPLI (Rural Postal Life Insurance) policy each. Coverage of all households in the identified Sampoorna Bima Gram village is the primary objective of this scheme.
Shri Sinha said, under the scheme expansion of clientele base of PLI, it has now been decided that benefits of PLI will no more be confined to Government and semi-Government employees, but will also be available to professionals such as Doctors, Engineers, Management Consultants, Charted Accountants, Architects, Lawyers, Bankers etc. and to employees of listed companies of NSE (National Stock Exchange) and BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange). The decision has been taken to enlarge the cover of social security and bring maximum number of people under the protection of Postal Life Insurance (PLI). He said that the postal policies have low premium and high bonus, unlike the Private ones.
The Minister added that the Government is committed to the cause of complete wellbeing of citizens of this country. Expansion of clientele base of Postal Life Insurance (PLI) and ensuring coverage of Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) to all households of Sampoorna Bima Gram villages in each district of the country is a step in that direction. These two major initiatives being undertaken by Department of Posts will serve as an instrument of securing lives of people as well as enhancing financial inclusion.
Postal Life Insurance (PLI), introduced in 1884, is one of the oldest life insurance schemes for benefit of Government and semi-Government employees. Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI), introduced on March 24, 1995 on recommendations of Malhotra Committee, provides insurance cover to people residing in rural areas, especially weaker sections and women living in rural areas. Low Premium and High Bonus is the unique feature of PLI and RPLI schemes. As on March 31, 2017, there were 46.8 lakh PLI and 146.8 lakh RPLI policies across the country.
The insurance industry in India has undergone transformational changes after liberalisation of the insurance sector in the year 2000, subsequent to setting up of the insurance regulator Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). In such a competitive scenario, it is felt that there is an urgent need for Postal Life Insurance (PLI) / Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) to redefine itself.
Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has embarked upon several digital friendly steps for extension of the benefits of APY to the citizens of India. PFRDA has developed the process to offer APY enrolment through eNPS platform for wider reach. Under this channel a complete end to end digital environment for subscription is enabled without submission of physical form at the convenience of the customer without visiting bank or post office.
So far APY is available for subscription through Banks, BCs and through internet banking. Now, APY is available on eNPS platform and any eligible Indian citizen can enroll through the APY@eNPS channel by visiting www.enps.nsdl.com. The customers of the Bank can visit eNPS portal and submit Aadhaar/ Bank Name and Savings Bank Account Number to join the scheme.
The benefits of APY@eNPS are:
• Paperless registration
• No need for visiting Bank Branch.
• Online enrollment can be made 24*7 at the customer's convenience.
• No Need for having internet banking Id.
Punjab National Bank is the first Bank to operationalize APY@eNPS and quite a few other banks are expected to launch this platform shortly offering Aadhaar enabled APY enrollment.
Any person in the age group of 18 to 40 years with a savings bank account and Aadhaar can register for APY by providing the minimum information in the APY@eNPS portal as rest of the information will be auto populated from the respective bank. This new feature not only makes it easy for the subscriber to join the APY but also reduces the workload for the Banks/Postal Branch which are implementing the APY.
Minister for Communications Shri Manoj Sinha today said that Government is working on setting up 650 India Post Payments Bank and gearing up fast to provide its financial services through all of 1.55 lakh post offices to fulfill the Prime Minister’s vision of financial inclusion. Speaking here on the occasion of World Post Day, he said that Indian Postal Department is undergoing major transformation with changing times, be it the inter-operability of ATMs, core banking or providing of Passport Seva and Aadhaar enrollment. He said that so far 57 Post Offices are providing Passport Seva and in coming days 93 more will be added to the list.
Shri Sinha launched International Tracked Packet service designed specially to meet the cross border requirements of e-Commerce sector in Asia-Pacific Region. He said, at the beginning, the service will be available to 12 countries and gradually the whole world will be covered. This new service has many special features like affordable price, track & trace, volume discounts, pick up facility, compensation for loss or damage and, therefore, high value for money.He said, with the launch of this service, Department of Posts is set to start a new chapter of close collaboration between the post office and the business in India that want to reach to their customers abroad.
The Minister also launched e-IPO (Indian Postal Order) in the denominations of Rs. 10/-, Rs. 20/-, Rs. 50/- &Rs. 100/-, as a pilot project in Bihar, Delhi and Karnataka and said that in the next two months, the service will cover the entire country.e-IPO will be used for all purposes like fee payment for RTI/ educational institutions/ Court/ online registration for Cable Operators etc. Customer can purchase e-IPO online from one’s home or workplace, as per one’s convenience. This launch is a part of Digital India Initiative as the payment will be made through Debit Card/ Credit Card / Net Banking. eIPO can be purchased online at: https://www.epostoffice.gov.in or, it can also be accessed through a link at Official website of India Post i.e. http://www.indiapost.gov.in
Shri Sinha also unveiled the revamped website of the India Post which is made more user-friendly and informative to meet the need of customers in a better way. The citizens shall benefit by getting relevant information fast and in a user- friendly manner.
During the function, commemorative stationery in the Post Card, Inland Letter and Envelope Category, each featuring five postal heritage buildings viz. Patna G.P.O, Delhi G.P.O, Mumbai G.P.O, Shimla G.P.O & Kolkata G.P.O.was also issued.For the first time, the stationery has been issued in multi-colour format.
Members of Parliament Ms. Meenakshi Lekhi, Dr.Udit Raj and Shri Ramesh Bidhuri graced the occasion as guest of honour. Secretary (Posts) Shri A. N. Nanda and Member (Planning) Ms. Meera Handa were also present on the occasion.
India Post celebrates the National Postal Week every October from 9th to 15th October, starting with World Post Day which is celebrated each year on 9th October, the anniversary of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) in 1874 in Berne. The purpose of World Post Day is to create awareness of the role of the postal sector in people’s and businesses’ everyday lives and its contribution to the social and economic development of countries. Moving a step ahead, Department of Posts celebrates National Postal Week undertaking programme/ activities aimed at generating a broader awareness of its role and activities among the public and media on a national scale.
The purpose of World Post Day is to bring awareness to the Post's role in the everyday lives of people and business as well as its contribution to global social and economic development.
10-01-2017 – BANKING DAY
11-10-2017 – PLI DAY
12-10-2017 – PHILATELY DAY
13-10-2017 – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DAY
14-10-2017 – MAILS DAY
International Tracked Packet Service :
International Tracked Packet Service with track and trace facility will commence from 09/10/2017 to cater to eCommerce requirements among 12 Asia Pacific countries. The International Tracked Packet can be booked upto 2 kg at all post offices / booking centres where international registered letters are being booked.